Monday, March 19, 2012

OTP: Kaiser Drawers

 Here they are! All finished.  What you ask...It's my technique kit from the Swirlydoos kit club (Feb 2012).  Knowing that the next kit, with of course the project kit, was on the way and that I hadn't played with any of the previous ones I though it was time to play.


Was awesome fun decorating this project..so here's the journey:



I started with the kit.  Note don't fold the pre-scored chipboard the wrong way - they break.  Tip 2, dont do it a second time, cos then you just know your a ditz.  Moving along, I then decided that I wanted the inside of my drawers to look pretty.  So I lined each drawer with tissue paper.  This is easiest to do before you put them together.

After painting everything with my trusty Starburst spray, I lined the top, back and side with pretty paper. Same fort he drawers.  I didn't line the shelves.  They look lovely with the starburst spray.


Following are close up of the pretty decorations.  


 I had a great time playing with the flowers

 And adding charms

Playing with Ribbon 

 And here's look at the inside of the drawer...one I hadn't already put stuff in:  And the final decision, use it for craft odds and ends or have it in my Bedroom.  I just love how it came out!  Yay.

Supplies:
 Kaiser Craft:  Chipboard Kit, Roses
Chipboard Embellies: Keyholes and keys
Prima Papers:  The Printery Collection, Prima Script
Kaszazz Papers
Sizzix Die:  Flourish
Seam Binding
Tim Holtz Black Soot Crackle
Lindy's Stamp Gang:  Violaceous Violet Startburst spray
Random from personal stash: Charms & Lace

3 comments:

  1. I have the same set of draws, they are so much fun to decorate. I really love the vintage look of yours and all the pretty embellishments. TFS:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, love the embelishments.
    Cheers FiLoMa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh - I think I'd definitely have this in my bedroom to keep my prettiest scarves and jewellery in, its just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete