Over on the Swirlydoos website the lovely Paulien showed us how to make a folder to hold all of our blending pads and blending for the Tim Holtz Distress inks. I loved the idea but really wanted to store everything together, ie the ink pads.
So, recently I was wandering the shops and found the this cute box with a suitcase style lid and thought it would be perfect for TH Distress ink storage. In the same shop I also found empty match boxes ( awesome find) packets of 10 for $2.00. I was so happy because now it was all coming together.
The lid of the case is where I store the Blending pads. I have used velcro to secure the matchbox holders in place. Each holder has the color written under the pad, and the cardboard surround is inked in the color. This was I can move my colors around if I want to group them differently. I also made space to roll and store my little Blending mat. Again, velcro is me friend.
In the base is space to store the inks, and I made a little spot to hold the blending tool...
I used a bangle to make a separate space (which also help to keep the ink pads in order) . This last corner was not quite big enough to hold another ink pad.
I used the cropodile to make a hole, then made a cute little chain with dangles to which I attached a hook clip. I use a small ring clip on the blending tool which gets clipped in place nice and easily. I put a little ribbon on the ring to make it look nice. This way the blending tool doesn't move around to much when I move the case.
I decorated the handle with another bauble embellishment:, and also hidden in there is one of my calico flowers ( inked and colored with Lindy's starburst, then smushed through TH Mahogany Distress Ink for some antiquing)
I decorated the top with chipboard, home made calico flowers and more pretty embellies.
The whole case has been covered with crackle medium over a burgundy acrylic paint base, I then went over areas of the crackle medium with some TH Distress Crackle - Picket fence, t gave me great variety in the crackled aged affect. The sides of the case have lace with rose buds around the edge, I finished off the side with pearl rope looped around with some funky swirls. The top edge has a different lace edge to that used on the side, both were colored with a Lindy's starburst stain or spray.
Along with the calico flowers (made using TH tattered flowers die, of course) I tried my hand a shabby chic pearl flower, which I think complemented all my little baubles.
This shabby chic flower (link above) tutorial was found by my friend, she found it other visiting the Swirlydoos site...lol.
And finally a close up of the tag I made for the top.
Here's a look at the case before I got to far into my redecorating:
As a finished product I am really happy with this project. It meets the objective of storing the ink pads with the blending tool, and I think it looks great. Oh, and it was necessary too...cos I have more Ink pads on order and they wouldn't fit in the old container.
I am so happy with it, I am going to make a few more for other products. My Lindy's products are going to have their own case too ( hmm, cos I have bought quite a few....) and probably a few more TH products are going to find themselves in more attractive storage... I'll keep you posted.
But I do want to say that this project was completely inspired by Paulien...
Lace, Tissue Paper, Crackle Medium, Gesso, Disress Crackle - Picket Fence, Embellies from collection, calico, Cropodile, Distress Inks, Lindy's Obsidien Embossing powder, Lindys Starburst sprays. Prima Papers, Chipboard letters, Glue