Sunday, July 8, 2012

Card: Imagination knows no bounds



Last night I had a couple of friends over. They where keen to see what I did in my recent Tim Holtz workshops. The liked the Canvas project but they LOVED the technique tag book. They are now keen to pick a technique each time the come and have a play. So last night they picked the shabby chic tag. (Tag #9), they chose this one cos I didn't have a sample tag in place for this one. The reason being when I went to recreate this one I found I was out of clear embossing powder, which I replaced last weekend. So we picked a few different stamps to play with. And one was this Angel company background stamp, rather then shabby chic it took on a bit of a grunge look (never fear I did do a great shabby chic sample to finish the tag book). So I went with the industrial grungey type look and feel. I have to confess I still managed to get some Lindys mist in there... definitely addicted!

The gauges are great wooden embellishments I found on Etsy. The other two circles are from my jewellery embellishment collection and I added the spanner cos I just though it looked great.

Was a fun night, Monica and I both ended up with masculine cards, while Dee has a great shabby chic feminine card.
Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment