Monday, April 23, 2012

Pop up card - AJ's birthday card






Some cards need to be more special then others. That's how I feel about making a card for AJ.

This year I struggled to find an idea. Then I picked up the latest Docrafts magazine (on Saturday). There it was! A pop up flower box ( it folds flat for posting - awesome idea). And of course the stamps with this magazine included Booflle - perfect!!!

So, I got to work (AJ's Birthday was Sunday - didn't leave myself much time  - as I wasn't able to make a start on the card til about 9.30 pm) , took me 2 - 3 hours, but it came out just right.  The Boofle in the back is the same stamp I used on the front of the Box.

The 3d aspect worked out great.  I would make a few changes to the design for flat fold use, but all up, LOVE IT!

AJ loved it too! I plan to make more, I might even make the flower version.

If you don't have access to the Docraft magazine, you can always head to their web site Docrafts and take a look around.

2 comments: