Friday, September 12, 2008

Discover Canberra

Today was the official opening of one of Canberra's only tourist attractions - Floriade. Floriade is an annual event that coincides with the start of Spring and is a gorgeous floral wonderland. It is free and draws tens of thousands of people each day for the few weeks it is on.

Floriade draws the office workers out for a stroll at lunch. Friends and family visit and take in the sites. And it is all in a pleasant atmosphere. Thinking about Floriade made me think about the other great things in and around Canberra.

So, I have decided that I would like to rediscover Canberra and all it has to offer. I love my city, it's a great place to live. But sometimes I take it for granted. So starting this week I will spotlight an element of my town. I will try to pick a new place or feature of Canberra each week...

I hope you enjoy discovering Canberra with me. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment