Friday, January 31, 2014

Layout - Color Pop!












I am so lucky that I have a lovely sister, even better she is pretty and likes to have her photo taken.  We were lucky enough to have her visit us for a brief holiday last year and we ended up with lots of photos...but this is one of my favorites and I have been looking fro the best way to scrap this picture.

Recently I came across Pop and Colour #2 - this blog has tutorials for using color in layouts.  My layout was inspired by the work of Riika and Georgia in their tutorials.

I had a great time playing with color, layers and texture.  




My base page is from this Minds Eye Paper pad



I used scraps cut into various sized strips as the first layer of texture and contrast - I then used a credit card to cover the strips with white Gesso.



I then added some iridescent white paint to texture paste and used a Kaszazz stencil (the best stencil ever - it was very solid and didn't feel like it would break as I dragged the paste across it).


Next I added a couple of drops of Lumiarte Paint to the page and spritzed it with water



The picture above shows what it looked like when the paint was dry.


 Next up I dropped a few drops of Weather Wood Distress reinker on the page



 Then I hit them with the mini mister, lift the page and let it all run...


And here's how it looks now the paints have dried again.


For the next step I used Distress Stain with a Prima Stencil


And ended up with my background looking like this.


To finish I used a text stamp to stamp in a few of the whiter areas, and a grunge stamp in a few other places.  I stamped 'Adorable' on the top of a tag, and glued down some black cotton.  Finally I did a little journalling on the bottom of the tag.

I though about adding some more embellishments but I liked it just like this

I hope you enjoyed this look at how I made this layout.

Hugs and Happy Crafting
Elle

No comments: